The Business Development Manager is responsible for the hiring, development, and leadership of all Solution Specialists, Advisors, and Account Managers on their identified team. The Business Development Manager is also responsible for the execution of meeting and exceeding their team sales revenue and profit targets established by senior leadership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages sales team, which includes developing, training, measuring performance, and coaching the team to meet and exceed sales goals, profitability goals, and effectiveness.
- Oversee and assist the development of relationships with current clients and new prospects, retaining the existing customer base, and add new clients to meet and exceed revenue objectives.
- Develop, nurture, and expand relationships with key strategic partners as identified by the Business Intelligence Team. Provide support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Develop, analyze, and proactively communicate current and forecast data to senior leadership, as well as overall sales management team.
- Monitor competitive performance, customer feedback, client retention, and satisfaction to meet and exceed GCS standards.
- Meet or exceed established target quarterly and annual revenue and profit goals for sales team.
- Oversee the interview, hire, and training processes for all new sales team members to ensure the team is fully staffed and trained.
- Establish and lead a cadence of ongoing communication and collaboration cross-functionally to ensure GCS is maximizing business development opportunities service to our clients
- Work collaboratively with Business Intelligence, Marketing, and Services to position the Business Development team to maximize revenue and selling opportunities.
- Manage team expenses within budget.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. GreyCastle Security employees are responsible for:
- Understanding and following GreyCastle Security’s information security policies and procedures
- Remaining vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity or possibly weaknesses in GreyCastle Security’s information security
- Actively participating in GreyCastle Security’s effort to maintain and improve information security
GreyCastle Security considers this position as Moderate Risk with a likely potential to view, access, or download restricted information, private client information or internal data. This information must be treated with sensitivity and in the most secure manner.
This position will be responsible for all Solution Specialists, Advisors, and Account Managers that fall within the team identified by Senior Leadership.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Performance Management
- Sales and Presentation Skills
- Technical Capacity
Required Education and Experience
- 4+ years of new Business Development
- Experience supervising and/or leading a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications and principles
- An interest in working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GreyCastle Security is an equal opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected factors or classes.