The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for transforming ideas and concepts into copy for use across ads, campaigns, websites, articles, etc. The Marketing Content Specialist must be comfortable both short and long-form content and editing copy for consistency of brand tone and voice. This person must have a clear understanding of how to repurpose copy mediums from digital to social and print.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include:
- Superb writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Highly organized and can manage workloads effectively
- Proven experience concepting and measuring successful content marketing campaigns from end to end with multi-touch attribution tactics including: website, email marketing/drip campaigns, blogs, news articles, service descriptions, slicks, case studies, white papers, e-books, press releases, landing pages, promotional collateral for events
- Experienced in content project management and managing vendors and internal creators is a plus
- Expertise applying and validating both written and technical SEO principles in the digital space
- Creative storytelling expertise for content creation that drives shareability, awareness, and leads
- Produce original, clear and engaging ideas/messages
- Compose messaging that fits within brand tone/voice guidance
- Optimize campaign text based on data results
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Proofread long-form and short-form copy produced by colleagues
- Copywrite and copyedit for all GreyCastle Security's marketing materials – online and offline
- Manage all content marketing projects to ensure quality and timely completion
- Publish content to company website, as well as marketing automation platform, and other content channels
- Ability to analyze content performance for customer journey forecasting and being able to present a quarterly content calendar and results from the previous quarter
- Work closely with Marketing Director, marketing team, and organization’s stakeholders to gather requirements, make recommendations, and execute content marketing projects
Information security is everyone’s responsibility. GreyCastle Security employees are responsible for:Understanding and following GreyCastle Security’s information security policies and proceduresRemaining vigilant and reporting any suspicious activity or possible weaknesses in GreyCastle Security’s information securityActively participating in GreyCastle Security’s efforts to maintain and improve information securityOther job duties and responsibilities as assigned
Work closely with Marketing Director, marketing team, and organization’s stakeholders to gather requirements, make recommendations, and execute content marketing projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to physically move; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant content marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Business Management or a related field
- Marketing automation experience required (e.g. Pardot, etc.)
- CMS experience is preferred (e.g. WordPress)
- Strong knowledge of grammar, can write English at an idiomatic level
- Expert at efficient research, writing, and editing
- Experience in optimizing content based on SEO best practices
- Working knowledge of marketing automation strategies including progressive profiling, lead nurturing campaigns, dynamic segmentation and the marketing funnel
- Must have a highly creative approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others remotely
- Working understanding of HTML as used in the Pardot email/landing page editor
- Experience working in a B2B marketing department preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Suite
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to adapt to different writing assignments and work through changes
- Deadline-driven. Possesses project management and organizational skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GreyCastle Security is an equal opportunity employer, and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected factors or classes.
GreyCastle Security is a Drug Free Workplace. All employment offers are contingent on passing a background screening and drug screen test.