The Cybersecurity Sales Engineer serves clients and prospects by identifying their needs and engineering solutions and services to best address their requirements and position them for success. The Sales Engineer creates materials and trains on the technical aspects of GreyCastle Security cybersecurity solutions and services, both internally and with clients and prospects. This position is that of a practicing cybersecurity specialist and requires the delivery of services as a function of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include:
- Sales Engineering & Consulting
- Helps clients and prospects understand, compare and contrast available solutions.
- Ensure the selected solution is appropriately implemented by working with the delivery teams to set expectations and explain key outcomes and requirements.
- Uses technical information and knowledge to design, explain and justify solutions.
- Understands and applies technical engineering processes and links to sales concepts and processes to satisfy client and prospect needs.
- Provide insights to Return on Investment (ROI) for client and prospect solutions and options.
- Demonstrate, where appropriate, the processes and outcomes involved with solutions and services.
- Prepares appropriate proposal / statement of work documentation necessary to accurately scope and price solutions and services.
- Must complete GreyCastle sales training requirements.
- Design and maintain technical training material for services and solutions, for both internal and external resources.
- Deliver training, where and when required, to ensure a consistent and clear understanding of the technical aspects of solutions and services.
- Service Delivery
- Deliver services to maintain proficiencies necessary to facilitate real-world solutioning and problem solving.
- Must complete GreyCastle service training as required.
- Collaborate with business units, including Business Development, Services and Marketing to ensure well-engineered solutions are provided to clients and prospects.
- Interface with technical resources (Architects and Subject Matter Experts) to facilitate appropriate solutions that can be successfully scoped, delivered and executed.
- Lead, model, and support GreyCastle Security’s Values, VIBES, and 4Crowns.
- Actively participate in training seminars and workshops that align to GreyCastle Security’s Values, VIBES, and 4Crowns.
- Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position has no Supervisory Responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Capability
- Client Relationship Management
- Strategy and Solutioning
- Communication Proficiency
- Service Delivery
- Technical Capacity
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other productivity applications.
- Proposal preparation and delivery.
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant cybersecurity experience
- 3+ years of relevant sales engineering experience
- CEH, Security Plus, Network Plus or other applicable security certification(s)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.