Manage accounting functions for GreyCastle Security, providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage incoming payments on behalf of the Company. Some of the other specific duties associated with this position include:
- Preparing and mailing invoices to customers
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid
- Preparing reports on delinquent accounts and customer payment profiles
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits
- Analyzing financial records for accuracy
- Manage outgoing bills and invoices on behalf of the company. These bills might include utility payments, product or inventory invoices, employee expense accounts and reimbursements:
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures
- Sending out payments for company payables
- Responding to vendor invoices
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring that all payments are sent on time
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
- Oversee the accounting activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee all disbursement activities, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the accounts receivable activities to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application.
- Respond to Director of Finance and Operations as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate the Company financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports as requested by the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks, participating in professional societies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a remote home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Required Education and Experience
- Associates’ degree in accounting or finance
- Proficiency with Billing and Invoicing Systems (preferably, QuickBooks)
- Three years of hands-on accounting experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.